Skyward Sword Spoiler Discussion

No, I didn't really have many problems. I got hit once because I didn't move out of the way in time. The only issue was that he kept backing up when I tried to stab him.

Beamos are also really easy in this game, but I think I said that already.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ancient Cistern

Progress:

Got through the Silent Realm and the Tree. The Silent Realm looked daunting at first, but it was actually pretty easy. Swimming is cool, though I keep forgetting that I'm supposed to use the WiiMote instead of the control stick. I think the moblins here are the most challenging ones in any Zelda game to date, though they aren't terribly difficult. Fighting 3 Stalfos at once was a real pain, but bombs helped a lot. Definitely glad I got that Large Bomb Bag.

Crafting:

I got enough Dusk Relics to turn my Sacred Shield into a Divine Shield, and then into a Goddess Shield (which I'm currently using). I also upgraded my Slingshot into a Scattershot, which is awesome, except that I hardly use it due to my Tough Beetle. Everything I have is fully upgraded at the moment, so until I get some new stuff (I'm guessing the bow that I saw in the ads can be upgraded, and I'm sure there are quivers as well), I won't really have anything to put into this category.

That's it for now.

Lanayru Desert, Part 2

Progress:

I got completely through the Ancient Cistern. I loved the design - very inspired. The Whip is pretty cool, but I feel like it's missing something... I don't know what. Cursed Bokoblins are creepy as heck, but I got a good number of Evil Crystals off of them, so that's cool. They weren't all that challenging, actually - I only got cursed once, and that was when my Finishing Attack against one of them landed me in the "water". The boss was really cool, though I didn't find it too challenging once I started learning how to dodge his attacks. I'm glad my sword is upgraded. Now I'm back at the Desert, and I'm looking forward to getting the rest of the Dusk Relics I need.

That's it for now.

Man the last bit of this game just keeps going and going...hopefully I will be done tonight and can go back for sidequests...but man....

Just be careful about finishing it too soon - you don't want to make the same mistake that Robo did.

Lanayru Sand Sea

Progress:

The second Silent Realm was a bit more challenging (almost got hit a couple of times), but then CLAWSHOTS WOO! Spiderlink returns! Got a lot more Gratitude Crystals thanks to that (and a couple of Heart Pieces), so I now have the Giant Wallet. The Sand Sea is pretty sweet - the minecarts were awesome. I was not expecting the third boss to return, but once again, not a problem (even less of one thanks to my upgraded sword). I've been hearing a lot of cool things about the next dungeon, so I'm looking forward to that.

That's it for now.

About to fight the final boss.....this last sequence has been pretty fantastic so far. Gone ahead and copied my file...

And done....few quick thoughts:

Groose is the best character.

Fi is really bad...man I miss the days of Navi...

Ganondorf is in this game after all

The human character designs and locations are all beautiful and fantastic...the other races are terrible...hated the Kiwi whatevers...mogmas and robots...

The last bit of the game really dragged until Ghirahim took Zelda...then it became pretty awesome. Ghirahim was terrible up until his final fight, which was cool.

Sandship

Progress:

Not much. Beat the sub-boss of the Sandship, which actually got a bit close, due to carelessness on my part. Got the bow, then went back to Skyloft to upgrade it and get some Goddess Chests. Got the Potion Medal (YAY) and a Life Medal (YAY). Also fully upgraded my Wooden Bow to a Sacred Bow, and my Small Quiver to a Large Quiver. Then I realized that I had no more reasons to carry treasures, and sold all of them. Literally quadrupled my rupee count.

That's it for now.

Fire Sanctuary (kind of)

Progress:

Defeated the boss of the Sandship. Easily my favorite boss so far. The Goddess White Sword seems a bit of a letdown. It'd be fine if I doused for more things, but... I really don't. The third Silent Realm was a bit challenging, but easier than the last one (in my opinion). Fireshield Earrings? Interesting concept. Kinda wanted a red tunic, but hey, whatever. I'm right outside the next dungeon, but I need a lot of water to feed a frog statue.

When Fi said "I suggest looking for flames" when I was in the volcano, she instantly became my second-least favorite companion. Navi's still more annoying.

Oh, I also beat Fledge's mini-game: Pumpkin Pull. Took me a while, but I finally got over 600 points to get a Heart Piece. I think I need 7 more to fill up my Heart Meter (I have two Life Medals, and I've heard that's the only way to have 20 hearts). Also, the Potion Medal is FANTASTIC.

Crafting:

Oh noez! Moar craftingz! Actually, this is for potions, as I'm starting to get more Guardian Potions and then catching the bugs to make them awesome. I have two right now, and a third bottle (not sure if I'll use that for a GP or not yet - might keep it for a Red Potion). Every treasure I get now is getting sold almost immediately, which is helping me keep a steady stream of income.

That's it for now.

Edited by YuleLog30000

Location: No longer important. Progress is what currently matters.

Progress:

Got through the Fire Sanctuary with no problems whatsoever. The Mogma Mitts are sweet, for sure. Fighting Ghirahim a second time worked better than the first time, so that was cool. Then I had to beat The Imprisoned again, but now I ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND THE PLOT! I think. So that's cool. Got the True Master Sword, and it's pretty, but it makes my shield look ridiculously small now.

I'm missing 3 Heart Pieces. One involved the Cart Mini-Game in the Shipyard, which I've always come close on, but never beaten (not a fan of this one). One is on Fun-Fun Island, and I hate it. The last one I apparently can't get yet, but when I can, it's the same place I'll be getting the Hylian Shield of awesomeness (assuming I can do well enough).

I also want to finish up the Gratitude Crystals, as well as the Goddess Cubes. Man, I'm such a Completionist.

That's it for now.

When Fi said "I suggest looking for flames" when I was in the volcano, she instantly became my second-least favorite companion. Navi's still more annoying.

The moment that really did it for me was when you fight Moldarach the second time. Afterwards she says something like "there might be monsters here" or something. WHAT? NO!