Skyward Sword Spoiler Discussion

Yeah, it was an Extra Wallet. My bad.

I really want to Tycoon Wallet, because it holds OVER 9,000 RUPEES!

Over or exactly? :dedede:

Don't read this next part unless you've beaten the game BTW

So I figured out what Hero Mode does. Apparently some dialogue changes (instructor dude complimented me on playing Hero Mode), and enemies do A LOT more damage. A hit by a bat did like 2 hearts or something. I still have all my bugs and resources from last time as well. Bit of a Master Quest...though I can't say the game would be a lot harder if the nemies just did more damage the second time around.

OH and I almost forgot. (This isn't such a big spoiler I need to tag it, IMHO) I found Tingle as an easter egg. It was pretty neat. Read this for his location:

Zelda's room in the Academy.

Edited by Atomsk
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, in Hero Mode,

the damage is doubled. From what I've heard, that's it, besides some text changes.

I'm kinda bothered by the fact the game asks you "Hey, wanna play Hero Mode?!" 5 seconds after getting to the end screen. I was like "Uh...suuuuuure?" and now I have to play through the entire 40+ hour plot again just to do some side stuff I still wanted to complete. Which I'm, guess what, not gonna do again right now. Sadly.

@Robo: Oh you! :bidoof:

Just beat the 3rd dungeon. It's by far my favorite in the game, not to mention a lot longer than the first two. I'm headed back to Skyloft to resume my adventure tomorrow. Until then, it's off to Skyrim.

Oh, another thing I learned about Hero Mode:

You can't find hearts without a Heart Medal. Really - not from enemies, pots, grass, or otherwise.

Progress:

Beat the Earth Temple. The boss was easier than I had expected, though his speed at the end got to be a bit much. I love the way bombs work in this game - no fuse is lit until you release it, which makes more sense than lighting the fuse, then figuring out your aim (the other Links were pretty dumb, huh?).

I got to the desert, which is the weirdest/coolest desert I've ever seen. Thanks to the Hook upgrade, the Beetle is back to being my favorite item (at the moment).

Oh, and I got a Treasure Medal from one of the Goddess Cubes, which makes treasure grinding that much easier. Yay!

Crafting:

Thanks to the amount of Blue Feathers I got, along with a bunch of Tumbleweeds from the desert, and an Evil Crystal I won from the bamboo-chopping mini-game, here's what I've upgraded:

Medium Seed Satchel -> Large Seed Satchel (meh)

Banded Shield -> Braced Shield (very helpful for the desert)

Reinforced Shield -> Fortified Shield (pointless for now, though saved me a fixing fee)

Bug Net -> Big Bug Net (creative, no?)

Hook Beetle -> Quick Beetle (makes it even better)

That's it for now. We'll see how far I get tomorrow, though it looks like the desert area is going to take a while.

Edited by Linkmaster30000

HOLY CRAP

Dungeon 5 stuff

The Sandship is the coolest dungeon ever...and the boss was fantastic....my favorite so far.

The bow is ridiculously good in this game, my favorite item by far.

Oh, another thing I learned about Hero Mode:

You can't find hearts without a Heart Medal. Really - not from enemies, pots, grass, or otherwise.

Progress:

Beat the Earth Temple. The boss was easier than I had expected, though his speed at the end got to be a bit much. I love the way bombs work in this game - no fuse is lit until you release it, which makes more sense than lighting the fuse, then figuring out your aim (the other Links were pretty dumb, huh?).

I got to the desert, which is the weirdest/coolest desert I've ever seen. Thanks to the Hook upgrade, the Beetle is back to being my favorite item (at the moment).

Oh, and I got a Treasure Medal from one of the Goddess Cubes, which makes treasure grinding that much easier. Yay!

Crafting:

Thanks to the amount of Blue Feathers I got, along with a bunch of Tumbleweeds from the desert, and an Evil Crystal I won from the bamboo-chopping mini-game, here's what I've upgraded:

Medium Seed Satchel -> Large Seed Satchel (meh)

Banded Shield -> Braced Shield (very helpful for the desert)

Reinforced Shield -> Fortified Shield (pointless for now, though saved me a fixing fee)

Bug Net -> Big Bug Net (creative, no?)

Hook Beetle -> Quick Beetle (makes it even better)

That's it for now. We'll see how far I get tomorrow, though it looks like the desert area is going to take a while.

The potion medal and guardian potion+ make hearts a nonissue anyways. Last time I tried I think I was invincible for like 15-20 minutes. Not that I used it for anything that mattered, but just saying.

And I can honestly say that if it wasn't for the Quick Beetle I would've hated the rest of the Beetle sections in the game.

HOLY CRAP

Dungeon 5 stuff

The Sandship is the coolest dungeon ever...and the boss was fantastic....my favorite so far.

The bow is ridiculously good in this game, my favorite item by far.

Really? I thought it looked like a chibi kraken, plus it was super easy... To each his own I guess. What did you think of the fourth boss? That was my favorite.

Current Location:

Just before the boss of the Lanayru Mining Facility

Progress:

Wow, this dungeon's pretty sweet. The Bellows are... an interesting item. Reminds me of Luigi's Mansion, but with better controls (and no elements or actual vacuuming). Beamos and Armos are surprisingly easy to defeat in this game.

Crafting:

None since last time, though I did get 2 Goddess Plumes, which is awesome. I'm planning to max out my Bomb Bag after this dungeon.

That it for now.

Edited by Linkmaster30000

Repeat bosses are not fun.

Skyward Sword disagrees.

Current Location:

Just before the boss of the Lanayru Mining Facility

Progress:

Wow, this dungeon's pretty sweet. The Bellows are... an interesting item. Reminds me of Luigi's Mansion, but with better controls (and no elements or actual vacuuming). Beamos and Armos are surprisingly easy to defeat in this game.

Crafting:

None since last time, though I did get 2 Goddess Plumes, which is awesome. I'm planning to max out my Bomb Bag after this dungeon.

That it for now.

I find it...funny is not the right word, but I'm somewhat surprisingly baffled by the difference between how you play the game and I do.

The first time I upgraded something was around 30 hours into the game. XD

Yeah, I became addicted to crafting/upgrading once I found out I could. I've been looking to see "WHEN CAN I GET THE STUFF TO MAKE THE NEXT ITEM?!" in the guide, which tells you how many of each treasure you need to upgrade all of your items, as well as the best places to grind for them.

Current Location:

Faron Woods, Part 2

Progress:

The 3rd boss was upsettingly easy. The boss afterwards was slightly less so. Oh well. The harp is very pretty, and I enjoy how it matches whatever chords are in the background music. I just wish you could compose things besides "STRUMMMMMMMM"...

Got a lot of Gratitude Crystals, which gave me a Large Wallet (not that I ever filled my Medium one...). Can't wait to do more!

Crafting:

Got the Tough Beetle (WOO) and the Large Bomb Bag (...yay?). Oh, and I got a Sacred Shield, though I don't have the items to upgrade it yet (missing a Dusk Relic), so I'm keeping it in Item Check until I can raise the stamina a bit more. I'll keep my Fortified Shield for now.

That's it for now. Looking forward to the rest of this game.