Skyward Sword Spoiler Discussion

BIG spoilers. Don't read before you've

Opened the GoT

Here:

So...beat Fire Sanctuary which I liked quite a bit...but because the entire game is so colorful some of these designs are starting to look bland...don't know. Liked the boss fight though.

Big thing though is opening that Gate of Time which was basically story/cutscene palooza. The way they phrase it has me thinking this is WAY forward in time from any of the other games because they refer to the Goddesses that made the Triforce as the "gods of old". Not a fan of the "new" names...Hylia and especially Demise. Yuck. Plus, Zelda is a goddess, really? Well, at least it's not "OMG GANONDORF!"...yet... Now to journey far and wide to Skyloft on my quest for the Triforce!

Yeah, those are pretty big.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Where I'm at:

I'm about half-way through the Earth Temple. Had to stop because it was 2 in the morning. Haha!

Early side-quest spoiler:

I found Kukiel in the clutches of a friendly demon near the graveyard. I told her parents, and they don't even seem to care that their is spending the night with some rape demon. Talk about some lousy parents! Haha!

Can't believe I won't get to play this game all the time. It's so good!

Also, could you please post some key words (spoiler free, of course) about what's being posted in the spoiler tags. I would like to discuss the game, but I'm afraid about clicking on the spoiler tags.

Edited by Haku

Good call.

I spent an hour getting to the first temple this morning (though, admittedly, I spent a good 40% of it catching birds with my Bug Net after realizing I could swing the net horizontally to catch them easier). Got a bunch of Bird Feathers (6) and Blue Feathers (5). I don't think I can use them for anything yet, but at least I'll have them when I need them.

Edited by Linkmaster30000

Good call.

I spent an hour getting to the first temple this morning (though, admittedly, I spent a good 40% of it catching birds with my Bug Net after realizing I could swing the net horizontally to catch them easier). Got a bunch of Bird Feathers (6) and Blue Feathers (5). I don't think I can use them for anything yet, but at least I'll have them when I need them.

I actually just got the net (I'm at the 3rd area), due to the fact that I've been spending all my rupees upgrading items and buying item expansions. It's pretty cool. And yes, LM, you will be using those for a few things later on. So keep at it.

Where I'm at now:

I just finished the Earth Temple, and now after doing some sidequests, I have proceeded to Lanayru Mine. I'm at the beginning area and will probably continue playing later tonight.

Also, I really like the game, but there's a garish problem that's really breaking the immersion of the game: cutscenes that suspend the flow of time. There are a few instances where you trigger a cutscene, and rather than time passing normally, time seems to suspend itself. This is really noticeable at the beginning when Zelda says something to Link, her bird's flying in place while time seems to have stopped. It's pretty awkward looking. I'm surprised Nintendo left this in the final version.

Edited by Haku

I honestly never noticed....

Before second dungeon item:

I AM A LINK AND I'M DIGGING A HOLE...DIGGY DIGGY HOLE...DIGGING A HOLE

Sorry Haku, I tried putting the "where I'm at" part at the beginning so that you don't have to read the rest like you do, but I can see how it's a little confusing.

Since you all seem to be past that part, did you guys like

The Skyview and Earth temples? I thought they were both stupid short but pretty good.

And without spoiling anything Haku, you are about to enter my favorite area thus far.

I actually only just got to the first temple. I aim to traverse it after supper tonight, and then I'll let you know.

The journey to it was a bit long, but I enjoyed the exploration aspect, since it doesn't look like there's an overworld to do so on (besides above the clouds, but it's just not the same, and I suck at controlling my mount).

And done! Wow. End-game thoughts off the the top of my head:

HOLY SHIT THE FINAL BOSS IS AKUMA XD XD XD XD

Saw the young sheikah and the old one being the same (Impa) coming from a mile away.

Sky Keep was pretty cool. And random.

The part before you fight Ghirahim for the last time? One of my favorite parts in the whole game. Just hordes and hordes of bokoblins trying to keep you out. Especially the kamikaze bomb-holding bokoblins cracked me up.

I hate Groose. I literally cannot stand the "Oh look at me I'm so dumb and laid back!"-schtick, along with his horrendous character design. And did he really have to...be so involved in the story? Bah.

Speaking of the devil: The story. I am utterly confused if the story wants to take place before or after all the other Zeldas. Everybody saying the "gods of old" made the Triforce, and the fact that nobody seems to worship Farore, Din or Nayru anymore makes me think it takes place really late in the timeline...but then there's Akuma saying that his hatred for the goddess will burn forever and will come to fruition in descendants. (which I take to mean Ganon)

Another thing about the story. I JUST beat the last dungeon...obtained the Triforce of all things and defeated the biggest bad in the universe. EXCEPT I CANT STOP FRICKING GHIRAHIM FROM TAKING ZELDA. Wasn't the concept of the Triforce that it, you know, granted ALL wishes? Why can't I wish for her to not flop helplessly into his arms? This is about the same level crap as the "I TOUCHED THE TRIFORCE FIRST SO THERE" shit in Wind Waker. Though that was somewhat hilarious as well.

And I accidentally hit "Yes" on Hero Mode so it deleted all my save data. Great. Oh well, I think my completion time was around 40 hours. No idea what Hero Mode is exactly yet but we'll see someday.

I'll write down more in-depth stuff later...after you guys have finished and all.

Edited by Atomsk

My current location:

Earth Temple

My progress:

I got through the Skyview Temple (very pretty) relatively easy. The Beetle is a sweet item, and I look very much forward to upgrading it. The boss... I dunno, I just can't get into thinking he's cool. I'm glad he fits into the story instead of being "the temple's guardian" or "some beast that was placed here to stop a hero" or something.

I also got through the entirety of Eldin Volcano, which I thought was really cool, despite realizing that I need practice aiming my bomb rolls. The hill sequences were sweet.

Extra quests:

Got the Medium Wallet and a Heart Piece from Batreaux. Can't wait to see what else I can get (I've got 15 now).

I managed to get a Seed Satchel from one of the Goddess Cube Chests, and upgraded it before realizing that I used all of my Skulls to do so, so now I can't upgrade my Iron Shield. So now I'm looking for Bokoblins to drop some - I'd really like a Reinforced Shield before doing the Earth Temple.

That's it for now. I'm hoping to get some stuff done this morning (like getting Skulls), but we'll see if I have time.

Edited by Linkmaster30000

I still need to find more side quest. I only have

6 Gratitude Crystals

. Sucks because

5 gave me a medium wallet--the same one I bought from Beedle's Airship an hour before. <_>

Progress:

I just arrived at the Lanaryu Mining Facility (3rd dungeon). I'll probably resume after my night classes.

I still need to find more side quest. I only have

6 Gratitude Crystals

. Sucks because

5 gave me a medium wallet--the same one I bought from Beedle's Airship an hour before. <_>

Progress:

I just arrived at the Lanaryu Mining Facility (3rd dungeon). I'll probably resume after my night classes.

Doesn't Beedle only sell Extra Wallets? Those give +300 on all wallets. If you don't know for sure you can check on the equipment screen and see if it says +300 next to your wallet.

If not, that's kinda dumb.

Doesn't Beedle only sell Extra Wallets? Those give +300 on all wallets. If you don't know for sure you can check on the equipment screen and see if it says +300 next to your wallet.

If not, that's kinda dumb.

Yeah, it was an Extra Wallet. My bad.

I really want to Tycoon Wallet, because it holds OVER 9,000 RUPEES!