Skyward Sword Spoiler Discussion

Since it is out in Europe today. I want to keep all the spoilery bits out of the way so I (and you if you choose) can avoid them. You may still want to spoiler tag your stuff in case you are further along than someone else.

Now if you will excuse me, I will be avoiding this thread for a while.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick notes that I wanted to make now before I forget later.

I'm about to enter

the Lanayru region.

Thought both the Skyview Temple and Earth Temple were short but sweet...some simple but cool puzzles in both of them.

Swordplay works really great 80% of the time now instead of the 99% I said in the other topic. This is because Lizalfosses fake you eat with their mechanical arm, but they are way too fast, and because of that when I want to swing faster as well, the remote acts up. A shame.

The animation on the dance Fi does when you get a new tablet is amazing.

I'm not a fan of the new shield system.

Dialogue is hilarious but the puns are sooooooooooooooooooo corny and bad. Adding to that, I think the interaction between NPC's, enemies and basically all living things is way better now... People actually seem to know more than "HEY YOUR LINK RIGHT". And one of my favorites is Bokoblins running away when you pull out a lighted bomb.

That's all for now.

JAGFDUTIHENNDFJDSHSFDJ

Holy shit Lanayru Mines is totally one of my favorite dungeons ever...the visuals are so unlike anything I've ever seen. The immediate shift from broken down, mud grey machinery to neon-futuristic..old stuff? Like what the hell man. XD Ancient scriptures in neon and conveyor belts...it's crazy! And the puzzles they create with these concepts are really cool too.

I wanna highlight the last room in the Lanayru Mines especially. This is not a joke, and you can say what you want about the Wii's visuals and how I'm biased, blablabla; But that shot when the light comes in through the windows? I thought that was the game shifting to an aquarel stillshot. That made me say wow when I realized it was realtime. And that cutscene afterwards...awesome.

Early speculation as well! I thought the empty boss room (emptied of sand) looked ALOT like the tower of spirits. Don't know if that's coincidence or what...

Man...

I'm up to the

third dungeon going on fourth (?)

More:

Really random "It's a secret to everybody!" in Lake Floria when you blow up a rock somewhere and there's a seahorse/key thing behind it. Should've been saved for something better.

"Collect the tears!"-sequences make a return, to my great disappointment....They are made more bearable because they are at least somewhat different, (seems like a cross between PH's guard system and the tears of light thing) but are also still dumb.

Lots of repair-this get-that after the last dungeon...not the biggest fan but it's been alright thus far.

Lastly...I REALLY hope the story doesn't develop into the umpteenth time the Zelda team does the "Ganon is not in this game" followed by "OH SNAP HE TOTALLY IS!!!!!!!" Really done with that after the asspull in Twilight Princess. Ghirahim saying "my master" has me worried...

Well, considering this supposedly takes place before Ocarina of Time, when Ganondorf was "introduced", I doubt it'll be Ganon. It'd be cool if it were something like Majora or Malladus or something.

Edited by Linkmaster30000

I've just finished

the fourth dungeon

Stuff:

Koloktos (fourth dungeon boss) is fucking awesome. Too bad Ancient Cistern looked like uninspired blandness after the delight of Lanayru Mines.

Whip is cool, but not as cool as in Spirit Tracks.

CLAWSHOTS RETURN YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

I've finally heard talk of a fabled shield that is better than all others...excellent.

Starting to find the tears segments less crappy now...don't know why.

Moblins in this game look properly disgusting for once...nipple rings really makes them awful.

All I can think of for now.

Edited by Atomsk

I'm not reading any of that.

Stopping now before entering the 2nd Dungeon...been playing for 8 hours straight...man this is nice. Not a fan of the shield breaking thing though. AND HOLY CRAP SKULLTULLAS HURT

Edited by Richard Swift

not yet....havent been back with enough money to get the new shield

he certainly wasnt what I was expecting...

OH! My thoughts about stuff before I forget!

Don't read unless you are at:

the sixth dungeon

Here:

Oh my god I am totally fawning over everything to do with these timeshift stones...That pirate ship dungeon was fantastic. Boss was a little less stellar though. Lanayru Sandsea was beautiful.....

Upgraded my beetle fully and now it's awesome.

Moblins with iron shields = Awesome

Scrapper = Awesome

Robots in Zelda = Awesome

I REALLY hope the plot goes somewhere because I'm about to get the last flame and it hasn't moved an inch from the third dungeon onwards.

And still not done. Damn.

Haven't gotten very far, but I've gotten the Bug Net and upgraded my shield to a Banded Shield. Haven't had it break yet, though - I've been able to deflect most of the nuts perfectly (lost some shield durability on one hit, but then I upgraded, so it didn't matter, and I haven't missed any of them since). I'm glad Shield Bash is easier in this game than in Twilight Princess (it was horrible in the Wii version).

Beedle's return was... unexpected. But okay. I wish he had a reward system like in every other game he's been in (or maybe he does, and he just hasn't mentioned it yet).

Not even to the first temple yet. I wish I could keep playing, but my eyes won't let me.

Also, I should've named myself "Master" again. Having Fi call me "Master Master" would've been fun.