Phantom Hourglass thread

So I'm now in King Mutoh's Temple. I must say that this followed Majora's Mask for me, in terms of personal reception. Both games filled me with a sense of dread, kind of like "This kind of gameplay seems very strange... I don't know if I'll like it..." However, like MM, this game proved me wrong beyond my wildest dreams. It's awesome. I love everything about it except for the Phantoms (which aren't that difficult to avoid except for the later levels) and the Octomines (WHO MAKES OCTOROK-SHAPED MINES AND PLANTS THEM ALL OVER THE OCEAN?!) (actually, they aren't that bad, either).

I fail to see why everyone loves Linebeck, though. I kind of share Ciela's view of him and want to shove him overboard sometimes. The only reason I'm thankfully for him is that it's his ship (which, considering I have enough ship parts, I should be able to make my own by now).

I think my favorite addition to this game is the customization of your ship to gain ship endurance (plus the whole thing about the ship having a health bar. I mean, in Wind Waker, you just had the King of Red Lions, who miraculously doesn't get hit by anything that hits the ship - just you. KoRL could, in theory, just sit there and watch you die, and still be standing there, thinking, "Okay, I'll just wait until this boy gets the crap beaten out of him by these sharks, and then I'll just act like a boring old ship until they leave, which is when I'll go find another boy dressed in green to continue." Plus, all of the different parts in PH are really cool.

Only one question: I'm looking for a Rusty Swordfish, which apparently can be found in fish shadows shaped like swordfish (I think... right?). The only thing is, I can't find any of those shadows. Is there anything that I need to do to make them appear? I already have the Big Catch Lure, so that's not the problem.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact of Linebeck being awesome...I won't spoil it for you...but around the ending of the game that dude just kicks so much Bum. Plus he has one of the only cutscenes in Zelda which I actually Lolled about.

I fail to see your connection to MM though...I know what you mean about the whole awkward playing style thing..but with MM I felt right at home after OoT. Must be a personal thing or something.

For the Lure...I can't remember exactly but I know it has something to do with the old fisherman who is located on the second map screen...GameFAQS probably has something on it.

I've looked at all of those, but none of them say anything about it... and all I've caught in the regular fish shadows are Loovars, Skippyjacks, and Toonas. Gah.

I meant more my initial reactions of "Time limit?! No!" and "Stylus only?! No!", which after a bit of playing both turned into "...Cool..." None of the other Zelda games thusfar have had that kind of initial reaction.

Edited by Linkmaster30000
  • 3 months later...
I've looked at all of those, but none of them say anything about it... and all I've caught in the regular fish shadows are Loovars, Skippyjacks, and Toonas. Gah.

If your still wondering this, (who knows right?) after you catch one Skippjack, Toona and Loovar, go back to the old man on Bannan Island (biggest island in the Northwest Sea) and he will give you the Big Catch Lure which should make Rusty Swordfishes appear. Once you catch that...well, you can find that out on your own.

Oh, and if anyone ever has a spare Gem Anchor or golden Bridge to trade, PM or contact me as I have a few double golden parts aswell.

The thing is, I had the Big Lure. I still wasn't finding any swordfish, no matter where I fished. It was frustrating.

I've restarted now, but I don't really feel like playing it... not sure why...

The thing is, I had the Big Lure. I still wasn't finding any swordfish, no matter where I fished. It was frustrating.

I've restarted now, but I don't really feel like playing it... not sure why...

I know what you mean. I've thought of replaying it just for the hell of it...but I just don't feel like it.

About the swordfish stuff; The only places you can find Swordfish is if the shadow on the minimap is a shadow of an actual swordfish. I had to find quite a few of those and the best tip I can give is to warp to any given sea, sail for maybe a minute and if nothing appears, move on to the next sea. I don't know it it's relevant, but I mostly encountered them in the Southeastern sea for some reason.

And Pro Tip: If you need alot of rupees, visit the Traveler's Ship in the Southeastern see and sell them the item they want. They usually go for twice or on very rare occasions 5 times the price as usual.

• 3 months later...

I've now gone through (almost) the whole game again. I still have to get a bunch of ship parts and defeat Bellum, but I've done everything else, including the fishing. I found out what my problem was - I was looking for my first Rusty Swordfish to be in a Swordfish Shadow, but those don't show up until you've already caught one. So that's that - I got the Neptoona, and now I'm off to complete my ship collection and beat the game 100%.

Anybody who has yet to play it, don't make the same mistake I did. XD

I've now gone through (almost) the whole game again. I still have to get a bunch of ship parts and defeat Bellum, but I've done everything else, including the fishing. I found out what my problem was - I was looking for my first Rusty Swordfish to be in a Swordfish Shadow, but those don't show up until you've already caught one. So that's that - I got the Neptoona, and now I'm off to complete my ship collection and beat the game 100%.

Anybody who has yet to play it, don't make the same mistake I did.

XD

List your Golden ship parts! :Holy Crap:

If you want to trade of course.

List your Golden ship parts! :Holy Crap:

If you want to trade of course.

Once I'm back to my computer (and have the WiFi Connector), I'll list what I have. Right now I'm still missing a bunch of parts (I think 19 altogether), but I do have a Golden Prow, Hull, and Handrail. I hope to get more from Beedle while I'm here in the apartment.

Donut: Get it! You must! :Stabity:

• 1 month later...

After getting all of the Heart Containers, Fish, Big Plays, and Ship Parts, I've finally beaten the game. The final boss was pretty damaging - I actually had to use a potion (first time in the game).

...I still don't like Linebeck. I like him more than I did when I started, but I still don't like him.

Though I do like how he made Ciela shut up.