7:05 p.m.: "There are people who think of Zelda more as an RPG with simpler controls, so trying to figure out how to make everybody happy is something that's going to concern me," says Miyamoto.

7:05 p.m.: "Think of Zelda while you're trying some of the archery and sword play in Wii Sports Resort," Miyamoto say.

7:04 p.m.: "We'd like to make it compatible with Wii MotionPlus. It's quite possible it will be playable only with Wii MotionPlus."

7:03 p.m.: Shows new illustration for the next Zelda for Wii. Nothing to show yet, but it shows an adult link. More grown up than ever before.

This particular snippet from IGN's liveblog, but there are others. One other one [the name escapes me and I closed the damn tab] says the illustration is like a painting, featuring Link with his back towards the viewer but his head turned so we could see his face. Also, a female in blue.

A more interactive Zelda. Interesting. Is this what the franchise needs?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends. If you want my opinion, the series always has been and always will be awesome. So a more interactive Zelda will still fit in the guidelines of awesomeness.

Apparently, if you ask the fanboys, nothing will appease them.

They would have to do something ridiculous to turn me off to the series at this point. Better motion controls do the exact opposite.

A interactive wii zelda would spice up console zelda games, it would have to be as active as the DS Zelda series is. Little things like rotating the wii remote to open a major chest or boss door, not over the top with crazy things like 'shake the wii remote to get onto epona'.

Edited by Oni Link
... not over the top with crazy things like 'shake the wii remote to get onto epona'.

That just puts my mind back in the gutter again.

===

Never the less, I concur - subtle touches would be all that's needed. I have high hopes for the next Zelda, especially after reading this article.

The thing I have to ask is: what makes LoZ LoZ? Is it the puzzles? The dungeons? The plot? The massive-impossible-to-carry-under-normal-circumstances inventory? I suppose... in the end, it's all of the above. When you look through all of the things that the fan-community poke fun at about the series, I would be led to believe that those are the qualities of LoZ that we treasure so much about it.

^_^ I really hope that the next Zelda Wii title will really be able to make me feel like a hero.

I wonder who the rumored girl in the picture is? *hopes for love interest* XD

But it makes me wonder, a new character to play as? A "female" Link, if you so choose to play as her? I'd have to see how that goes. Pretty much how I feel about everything else that's been mentioned. Gameplay wize, the whole interactive thing would be cool to see, but control wize, keep my controls the same. Who else wants GC controller support for ZWii? (I mean, I'd play it ether way, but I want my B-Button mashing! XD)

And yeah, subtle things like those mentioned for Wiimote controls would be good, but wouldn't you get tired of flicking your wrist all the time? XD

Did anyone at the conference get the chance to take a picture of the picture? I'm pretty interested in seeing it...

But, yeah, if it's another 7-temples-and-then-go-kill-Ganon sort of thing, I'd be pretty turned off. That's why I'm loving MM so much right now. It's so different from any Zelda, but still feels and plays like a Zelda game.

Maybe that's what this game needs, A DIFFERENT PLOT! :D

It's really only LttP, OoT, and TP that do that... If you play any of the handheld games (or Wind Waker), you'll see different plots and layouts. Of course, LttP/OoT/TP are the only ones people talk about, or deem "worthy".

Camera's were banned from the little Miyamoto round table, so no picture-taking allowed.

However, someone who was there confirmed that the blue girl looked a lot like the Queen Fairy from Wind Waker.

queenfairy.png

And in front of her an adult link with his back turned to the camera and his head off to the side.

And in front of her an adult link with his back turned to the camera and his head off to the side.

The absurdity of what I had interpreted from the bold made me laugh. Probably because they'd never allow that in a Zelda game.

Straight from Nintendo's Press Gear:

wiizeldae3t.jpg

Legendary Nintendo video game designer Shigeru Miyamoto revealed this concept artwork for a new Legend of Zelda game planned for the Wii console on June 2 during the E3 Expo in Los Angeles.

Edited by mdonut281

That looks a lot more like the TP style than I had anticipated. Nothing wrong with that obviously, TP's style was great.

Saw this on another site, and thought it was actually very plausible:

a9e2f50c06.jpg

At the very least the girl is striking.