In a recent interview taliking about Legend of Zelda, Eiji Aonuma, the producer of Zelda Wii, has hinted at a possible transportation method in the upcoming game.

“I have an eight-year-old son myself at home, and quite recently he started playing The Phantom Hourglass for DS, because when the software first hit the market he was too young. When he started playing with the boat, I told him: ‘In the next Zelda, you are going to be able to ride on the train.’ He answered: ‘OK, Dad, first boat, and then train? Surely next time, Link is going to fly in the sky … ‘.

He pauses, and grins...

"I just don’t know. If many people make many speculations … some of them might be correct. Right now, I have to refrain from commenting on anything.”

Flying, for me at least, would be a welcome addition to the series. But if Link was to be able to fly in the upcoming game, how would he do it? Leave your thoughts in the comment section below.

Aonuma let another little piece of information slip too, this time regarding how Wii Motion Plus will affect the game itself and how the game will progress.

“With this attachment, your minute hand movements are more precisely reflected … You can feel it so naturally and so intuitively. It’s not just an improvement over the movement of Link himself: the realisation of your more minute movements on the screen will expand the entire gameplay. I believe that we will be able to offer some great innovations in the new Legend of Zelda. Of course I have to refrain from giving any details, but we are contemplating altering the way the game progresses in comparison with all the past Legend of Zelda franchises…but I have to stop talking here.”

Holy crap a rumor!

• 1 month later...