Battle of the styles

FIGHT!  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Which graphical style appeals to you the most?

• 8-Bit (LoZ, AoL, ALttP, LA)
    • Realistic (OoT, MM)
    • Celshaded/Toon (TWW, TMC, PH)
    • Darker (TP)

Simple question. Out of all the styles that have been used in Zelda games over the years, which do you think is the best?

Outdated maybe, but the realistic style from OoT and MM is still the best for me. The darker tone in TP is nice, but alot more brown-ish which I don't really like that much. Celshaded comes in close second.

I thought TP's graphical style was masterful. I didn't find the colors all that odd (though some of the blurring was a bit much). The cartoony feel was great, and OoT/MM... well, I didn't see that much different between those two and TP besides the brightness.

The one thing that I miss is brown-haired Link. Ever since OoT, the Links have all been blonde (except the Oracle games, where they couldn't change the hair because it was the same design as LA). Why is that? It's also changed Zelda's hair to the same (save for TP, when it changed back to brown). I just don't get it.

I really have no preference. They all fit what was trying to be accomplished in their own way.

Link had brown hair (or at least VERY dark blonde) in TP...

If it's brown, it's the lightest brown I've seen - even more than the crust of white bread.

And you certainly can't say that it's like the old Links' hair color (from LoZ, AoL, LttP, LA, OoA, and OoS). Zelda's hair is at least undeniably brown in TP (though she was blonde in LttP...).

I guess I just like the old look of Link. I do like the TP Zelda look, though.

Edited by Linkmaster30000
  • 1 month later...