Tri Force Heroes

Hytopia is French! The fashion-craziness makes sense now! It feels a bit Kalos-y as a result, but that's not a bad thing.

The Totem Statue is the save point. Took me a bit to figure that out, as I didn't want to go to work without saving it, but I didn't know where to go. Hopefully that's not the only way to save...

The story makes slightly more sense now. Not because of the French-ness - more why Link is there. The plot is still weird, of course.

I guess I'll play more on breaks and hopefully can get something other than the brown default outfit.

I now have 5 outfits. The first two are obvious. I also now have the Kokiri, Big Bomb, and Legendary Dress outfits.

I'm not sure if the Dopplers can equip outfits. I haven't discovered a way to, but I haven't read anything one way or another about it. It would be nice, but so far the game has been fairly simple.

Also, for those wondering: Whatever item you get from the Daily Treasure House you're stuck with. You can't soft-reset and try again. Good of them to not succumb to the loophole, but I'm also disappointed because I like those loopholes.

Technically only a rumor, but I would like DLC. It seems pretty likely.

I've gotten through 2 worlds on single-player and now have 7 costumes (added Zora Costume and Lucky Loungewear, which is awesome). I just need a couple more materials to get the Jack of Hearts and Torrent Robes, so I'll likely do that today. Of course, now I have a PS4 to play Tales of Zestiria on, so I probably won't be solely playing this game like I usually do for Zelda titles.

This game has turned into a great "break" game for work and between outings of Tales of Zestiria. It's nice.

I now have 11 outfits, and I'm one material away from my 12th. I've cleared 3 dungeons and done some of the Challenges, which can be pretty brutal. I only play them if I need materials that only show up in Challenges. I'll likely save the rest for after I finish the game - that way, I can use all of the outfits at my disposal to perfect the levels (having a couple of extra hearts via Queen of Hearts will be nice for the "Fewer Heart Container" challenges).

Princess Styla shows up randomly around town, usually hidden behind some object. It's fun to look for her.

People in town seem to have this obsession with blue birds, but I'm not sure why. I mean, sure, they're rare like they were in Skyward Sword, but it's not like they do anything special (from what I've noticed).

Haven't posted here in a while, so here!

I've finished the first 6 worlds of the story. There have been some parts lately where it would definitely have been easier with three people instead of going solo, but I've been managing. Sometimes it's actually easier solo.

So far, the only real gripe I have is that there isn't much of a "check-in" for the story. LBW had a lot of good things with this, particularly when Princess Hilda talked to Zelda's painting. There's not anything of that sort in here. On the other hand, it's pretty obvious that the plot isn't meant to be the focal point. Still, it's a bit strange.

The outfits keep getting better. The Rupee Regalia essentially means that you will never want for money, which is probably a bit broken but it does make it fun to go around town cutting stuff. It also gives you the cash necessary to reset the Daily Treasure Game until you find a prize that you want (especially if it's rare).

My favorite for levels so far (outside of certain situations) is the Sword Suit. It makes most boss fights significantly easier, and that's always good.

I need to get some coliseum battles in so that I can get the materials for some suits (and some Friend Medallions).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Fierce Deity Armor is super broken. Double attack, 4 beams, beams with spin attacks, and you don't get knockback when attacking enemies that normally would (beetles, etc.). And it looks so awesome.

Got Linebeck's Outfit today! He uses a telescope instead of a sword, which is fun. And you can help other people get the materials they want, so I'm excited for that.