Hyrule Warriors

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never really expected it to be mind-blowing like LBW or SS were in the past few years. Since it's a Zelda/DW mix, my initial (and current, I suppose) thought is that it will be more interesting than DW in terms of plot, items, and bosses, but likely about the same in every other aspect. I'm completely okay with this, as the DW games are fun to play and great stress relievers (mowing down hundreds of peons is an easy way to unwind after a difficult day at work/school/whatever). My main concern with the DW games is the fact that each game has approximately the same plot, since it's loosely based on historical events. This game, as mentioned earlier, fixes that, since it's not Link transferring into the Three Kingdoms (I'll admit I was a bit concerned that this might be the case).

I'm hoping that this turns out as amazingly as Pokémon Conquest did - a great crossover of two franchises that brought a fresh new approach to both. I'm not really anticipating that this will happen for Hyrule Warriors, but I'm hoping for it regardless.

I'm not expecting much honestly, just better than something so casually sexist. I couldn't help but eyeroll when I saw that.

Dynasty Warriors games aren't my cup of tea anyway but I have to agree somewhat with Hanz that these character designs are very off-putting. I wouldn't go as far as to say that they are sexist but they simply don't appeal to me at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Midna and Zelda are playable characters! Also looks like Ganondorf will make an appearance. And, as expected, you can use multiple different kinds of weapons in combat, like the Fire Rod previously shown - it looks like in the video that Link can use an axe, and there's a hookshot at the end that's obtained by Zelda.

With all the talk about more playable characters...what if we get Groose?

This could be the best thing.

Midna is in it...anyone could show up at this point. Screw continuity and just throw all the fun things in there.