Castlevania producer wants to work on Zelda

http://www.zeldainformer.com/news/castlevania-producer-wants-to-work-on-a-zelda-game

Dutch website n1ntendo recently did an interview with David Cox, producer of the Castlevania: Lords of Shadow series. During the interview, they brought up Iwata's recent attempts to work with other companies on their main franchises, with entries like Metroid: Other M and the recently announced Shin Megami Tensei x Fire Emblem. When asked which Nintendo franchise he would most like to work on, Cox replied as such (translation courtesy of mynintendonews)

That’s a question, haha. I’m a massive fan of Zelda, so would I like to work on a Zelda-game…I’d love to work on a Zelda-game, that’d be amazing. How would I change it? I don’t really know. I mean, I think I would make it more like Ocarina of Time, because that’s the kind of Zelda-game I really, really like. You know, the wonder of exploring that whole world that felt like a cohesive whole…it all felt like it belonged together. So I think that would be something I’d love to do. That’s quite a difficult question to answer, but if Iwata-san is listening: I’d love to work on Zelda.

Wouldn't that be something? Imagine a world in the style of Ocarina of Time, but with a combat system influenced by a bit of a Castlevania style; that'd be something special, wouldn't it? Sound off in the comments!

Might be neat to have a new voice in the mix.