The Amazing Spider-Man

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

New trailer...looking a lot better than before. Was worried they were going to make it way too serious and that is most certainly not what Spider-Man is about.

I think this is looking pretty good. The only thing I don't like is that Spidey is using the web cartridge things...I always thought it was so much cooler when he actually shot the web out of his body like in the ones with Tobey Maguire.

Everybody loves a hipster reboot. Now, sometimes I really like remakes of movies, as much or more than the originals. But this I'm skeptical on. I've got the Tobey Maguire Spider-Man embedded too deeply into me, unfortunately. And there's no way you can top the train scene in Spider-Man 2.

I don't really understand how he can be Spider-Man if he doesn't shoot his own organic web, without the assistance of tools. It really makes him more like Batman, which I know Hanz loves Batman so that makes sense to me. But... I don't want to be thinking about Batman when I'm looking at Spidey. I want to just see Spider-Man.

Spider-Man is about as far from Batman as it gets...

And mechanical web shooters have been there since day 1...the organic ones only really came to prominance due to the other movies. His enhanced senses is what makes him Spider-Man.

• 4 months later...