The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Loving it. I also like how, since Epona kind of auto-moves, you can relax and enjoy the scenery (unless you find enemies).

Link's still not wearing green, I noticed.

This version is zoomed in, in case you want to see the game a bit clearer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0y4hv62YEw

Looks good.

Link is right-handed. Considering they went to the trouble of changing him back to being left-handed in A Link Between Worlds, I can't help but wonder if that is because they are keeping the Skyward Sword sword controls as an option. It certainly wouldn't hurt, as I thought that was the best part of Skyward Sword. (except for the very rare case where it didn't work, like a forward thrust)

You can tell it's still early though. But Nintendo's demos like this one are always rather rough before they polish them up. I don't know if I'd compare it to something like Dark Souls but it's definitely not something that's been in a lot of Zelda games. I'm very glad that the overall feel is more like Zelda 1-3. It feels way more open than any other 3D Zelda I've seen since OoT, and the only reason that one felt open was because I was younger and 3D technology was younger as well. Contrast the cliff side scene here with the Hyrule Field with the giant gaping chasms in Twilight Princess. It is a different style and I like it.

It does feel a little unlike Zelda to me, but I'm sure the little things that make Zelda, Zelda will be added before release.

Cautiously excited.

QEDIT: Having a closer look, what is that green bar below the hearts? Magic? It could also be a stamina bar, which would make the Dark Souls comparison even more accurate I suppose.

Edited by Polarbear
I assume it's a magic meter. But then, they had one in the early shots of Twilight Princess as well, and then they got rid of it before release, so it could just be a place-holder again just in case. Regardless, it doesn't look like the sailcloth uses it (unlike the Deku Leaf in Wind Waker).
  • 3 months later...
">
">

Eiji Aonuma, producer of The Legend of Zelda, has a message to share. Please take a look at this video.

Posted by The Legend of Zelda on Friday, March 27, 2015Delayed. Not really surprised.
  • 1 year later...

This looks so pretty. Clothing change options are one of my favorite things in games and I am waaaay into this so far.